Friday 17 August 2012

Timing


This picture above really sums up my heart right about now. 
His timing. 

Something we will never be able to understand. 
Something that brings us to our knees. 
Something that humbles our own opinions of what is best and when. 
Something that tests you at the core of your faith. 

But the truth is, if I have faith in God, then I must have faith in His timing. They are not separate of each other, but require wholehearted surrender and a willingness to wait. It's in the process of waiting, that He provides opportunity to conform us more to His likeness. 

So I'm waiting. 

I have a lot of really big things that I'm waiting for. and yet, my God is even bigger, and in Him shall I trust and hope.

I hope the lyrics of this song are as inspiring to you as they are to me, helps to put things in perspective too!

Before I lay me down to rest
I ask the Lord one small request
I know I have all I could need
But this prayer is not for me
Too many people on this day
Don't have a peaceful place to stay
Let all fighting cease that your children may see peace
Wipe their tears of sorrow away

(Chorus)
To believe in a day
When hunger and war will pass away
To have the hope amidst despair
That every sparrow's counted
That you hear each cry and listen to each prayer

Let me try always to believe
That we can hear the hearts that grieve
Please help us not ignore
The anguished cries of the poor
Or their pain will never leave

(Chorus )
To believe in a day
When hunger and war will pass away
To have the hope amidst despair
That every sparrow's counted
That you hear their cries and listen to each prayer

(Spoken prayer)
Father, as you see, I'm just a child
And there's so much to understand
But if Your Grace should surround me
Then I'll do the best I can
I promise, I'll do the very best I can 
 
PS: The Youtube video of this song is a MUST see

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...