Saturday 12 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day






Well today is Mother's Day, since my Mum lives in Tasmania and my Mother In Law lives in the Solomon Islands my hubby and I don't really get to celebrate the day with our leading ladies. (I did however send my Mum a really beautiful bouquet) This post is really just a brag sesh about the kiddos at the school I work at.  Every term in Chapel we have a local and a global giving focus, aside from our weekly offering for our sponsor child through Compassion. We are really had it on our hearts to  generate a spirit of generosity amongst the students this year. The students are in years 4-7.  Our Mother's Day chapel service happened to coincide with our global giving week. I thought it would be really fitting to give toward the Bloggers for birthkits movement as it goes toward something that greatly affects Mothers in third world nations such as PNG. 

Anyways, you never know with the kids how much money they will give...in our first time doing it they gave $15. This past global giving focus at our Mother's Day chapel saw the kids bring in over $170. I was blown away by their generosity and excited to think of how many birth kits could be assembled with that money. 

So be encouraged. When there is a good cause you believe in, don't be afraid to rally your troops-friends, colleagues from work,  blogging community, family- whoever you have in your sphere of influence to make a collective difference in our world.   

I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend being celebrated or celebrating your Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...