Tuesday 28 August 2012

Monthly Hero Update

Hello there...
so we are in our last week of August.and thats just crazy. here's an update. so pray maybe? (to the tune of Call Me Maybe). Anywho. 
I thought it would be a great time to post an update from our August Monthly Hero, who I posted about . So once you're up to date, on who she is, and what a  Monthly Hero  is...then read on and please, take the time if you would to pray for my dear friend Lauren and her adventures in East Timor...  
Bon noughty all. Got a few minutes of internet access in Dili to fill you all in. Staying in Dili for a few days til tuesday then back to Weberek for the remainder of my time in Timor. Really enjoying life here but its starting to get really hot out here. Delivered a baby girl last week and they named her Selestina-Lauren!!! So excited I finally managed to convince one of my mothers to adopt my name for their baby girl lol. Also had some great opportunities to play Doctor and do some home consultations in the village-also a great opportunity to pray for these sick people and their families. Please continue to pray for the young Christians in Weberek and the ongoing persecution. Also apparently weapons have been stolen from the Timor military in Dili by a free-lancing anti-government group, and there have been a few political driven stabbings in Dili. Everything is calm presently in Dili but please pray that the peace continues and the change in government is smooth. Missing you all xoxoxo Adeus

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...