Saturday 21 April 2012

Tour of Hope

Getting fit and healthy for a good cause:)

A few weekends ago my husband and I bought bikes! I was so-excited as I have been wanting to have a bike again for ages... Since buying our bikes, which we picked up for $50 each off gumtree, we have enjoyed riding around our neighbourhood when we have some free time. My fear has been however, with work being so-busy and both of us coming home exhausted, we won't make an effort to go for rides and they will just sit in our garage gathering dust:(

So, yesterday I went searching online for bike tracks around the gold coast and surrounding areas, when I came across this website which listed different bike events happening in Brisbane... so curious me decided to investigate a little further and found it was a list of different riding events and races etc that are on this coming year. There was one that caught my attention, which was called the Tour of Hope...

I found they have four different rides of varying difficulties and distances with a small entry fee and all money raised goes towards: "Funds raised from the Tour of Hope events go to various community and transformation projects throughout under-privileged areas of the world."

Most of their projects are in Africa... for specific information check out their projects here.

Anyways, I'm hoping that I can get my husband on board to do the 10 k ride...which is the easiest...it's coming up on the 2nd of June...so we gotta get peddling! Its such a beautiful weekend to get out there and do just that! I hope you enjoy your weekend too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...