Friday 30 November 2012

Farewell.

This post is being written as a formal good-bye to this blog.
I have really enjoyed learning how to have a blog through this site. It is a beautiful way to capture memories, meet new people, be inspired, and process life.

My heart is to inspire others to live a life of more than words...the confession of our mouths is one thing, but if not paired with action is useless. I'm grateful for the emails I have received from some readers who have been encouraged to make a difference in their local community and world at large. I'm grateful to this space for challenging me to continue to have an outward focus and search for meaningful and creative ways to bless others.

I'm not completely dropping off blogging planet. I'm just moving. In real life and cyber space. My husband and I were offered the opportunity to be house parents for an indigenous community in the Tiwi Islands (above Darwin) and yes its still classified as part of Australia. We will be responsible for around eight children, and will have to get them ready for school, do homework with them, cook meals, run afternoon programs, everything a parent does I suppose.

This opportunity is so-wonderful because it means my husband can also work in the area he is passionate about-community development, young people etc. Now. I would be lying if I said I have no apprehension, doubt or worry. Truth be told I'm packing it a little. There have been so-many emotions I've had to deal with, saying good bye to friends, to the kiddos at the school I worked at (insert lots of tears here), not living close to civilization, leaving our beautiful home, shopping centers...

But. I know it will be worth it. Fact is, I feel myself becoming too-comfortable in this life we're living. I know that I am called to cross-cultural community development in the long term, and for the short term...well we have now been given the opportunity to love and live in a local indigenous community. We get the opportunity to live lives of more than words.

I pray you too, will find the courage to live out the dreams of your heart, no matter how difficult it may be.

As I mentioned above, i'm also moving cyber space location. Lots of our friends and family asked us to keep them updated about our new lives. After having learned the basic blogging ropes I thought that having a blog would probably be the easiest and most exciting way to keep people up to date. So, if you would like to follow our journey, we can now be found at The Maetoloa's

 There are new adventures to be had...

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

xo
Nadine


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...